- How to reduce notifications
- Find out why you are not receiving notifications
What you are going to learn:
This article will guide you through the steps to either reduce the number of notifications you are receiving or troubleshoot why you are not receiving some notifications.
- The first thing to do is to verify the Network Monitoring Thresholds configured in the Network Monitoring Templates. Maybe the thresholds are just too aggresive for your monitoring use case and they trigger too many notifications for nothing.
- Review the Organization Notification Settings. These settings are available to reduce the number of notifications and make sure you only receive the ones that are the most valuable for your organization.
- Change the User Notification Settings. If a user requires access to the Obkio App but should not receive notifications, it is possible to disable all its notifications.
In some cases, you think you should receive a notification but you have not received it. Here is a list of things to check to find out why that's the happening:
- Verify that the email notifications are not in your SPAM folder. The emails are sent from the address
- Verify that the User Notification Settings are not disabling the notifications for the user.
- Verify that the Organization Notification Settings are configured as you want them to be.
- Verify the Network Monitoring Thresholds.
Remember that notification delays are there to reduce the number of notifications you receive and that, if the delay is higher than the network issue period, no notification will be sent. For example, with a notification delay of
10 minutes, if a Network Issue lasts for 5 minutes, no notification will be sent.