Table of Contents
Table of Contents
Have you ever completed a jigsaw puzzle? If so, you know that it takes patience, focus, and attention to detail. Each piece plays a crucial role in completing the final picture, and missing even one piece can result in an incomplete and unsatisfactory result.
In the same way, managing a network requires attention to detail and the ability to piece together all the different elements to ensure optimal performance. And just like how completing a jigsaw puzzle can be a rewarding experience, network monitoring can also lead to a sense of satisfaction and accomplishment when everything is running smoothly.
As someone who loves Ravensburger puzzles, I can't help but draw parallels between the satisfaction of completing a challenging puzzle and the satisfaction that comes with effectively managing a Velocloud SD-Wan network through Network Monitoring.
In this article, we'll explore how Velocloud Network Monitoring can help you put all the pieces of your network puzzle together for a complete and optimal picture.
As businesses increasingly rely on cloud-based applications and remote workforces, the need for efficient and reliable networks has become more critical than ever.
Velocloud SD-WAN network monitoring tools offer comprehensive solutions for managing network performance, security, and compliance.
In this article, we will explore why SD-WAN network monitoring for your Velocloud is essential for your business, and how it can help you ensure optimal network performance, enhance security, improve efficiency and productivity, meet regulatory requirements, and reduce costs.
There are several reasons why you should consider implementing Velocloud SD-WAN network monitoring in your business:
- Ensure Optimal Network Performance: Velocloud SD-WAN network monitoring allows you to proactively detect and resolve issues that could negatively impact network performance. By identifying and addressing issues before they become bigger problems, you can ensure that your network is running optimally, maximizing uptime and minimizing disruptions.
- Enhanced Network Security: Velocloud SD-WAN network monitoring provides comprehensive visibility into your network, allowing you to identify and respond to security threats in real-time. With the ability to monitor all network traffic and detect anomalies, you can quickly isolate and mitigate security threats, protecting your business from potential data breaches.
- Improved Efficiency and Productivity: Velocloud SD-WAN network monitoring provides an intuitive dashboard that allows you to quickly and easily monitor network performance, identify trends, and make informed decisions. This can lead to improved efficiency and productivity by enabling you to optimize network resources and proactively address issues.
- Compliance and Regulatory Requirements: Velocloud SD-WAN network monitoring can help ensure compliance with industry regulations and standards such as PCI-DSS, HIPAA, and GDPR. By monitoring network activity and keeping detailed logs, you can demonstrate compliance with regulatory requirements and avoid potential penalties and fines.
- Cost Savings: By monitoring network performance and identifying areas for optimization, Velocloud SD-WAN network monitoring can help reduce costs associated with network downtime, inefficient resource usage, and unnecessary upgrades.
VMware Aria Operations for Networks (formerly vRealize Network Insight): The Comprehensive Network Monitoring Solution for VMware Environments
VMware offers network monitoring software now called VMware Aria Operations for Networks. Aria Operations for Networks is a comprehensive network monitoring and analytics tool that provides visibility into network traffic, security, and performance across virtual, physical, and cloud environments.
It uses machine learning algorithms to identify potential issues and recommend solutions, and offers customizable dashboards for easy monitoring and management.
With Aria Operations for Networks, businesses can proactively monitor their networks, optimize resource usage, and ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
6 Reasons Why a Dedicated Network Monitoring Tool is Essential for Your Velocloud Network Monitoring Needs
While vRealize Network Insight is a powerful network monitoring tool designed for VMware environments, it may not provide the same level of functionality and customization as a dedicated network monitoring tool specifically designed for SD-WAN environments. Here are some reasons why you should consider using a dedicated network monitoring tool for your Velocloud Network Monitoring needs:
- End to End vs. Edge to Edge: Opting for an external solution to monitor SD-WAN network performance instead of relying on the vendor's built-in monitoring is crucial. This is because built-in monitoring only provides edge-to-edge monitoring rather than end-to-end, which focuses on monitoring from the perspective of the edge routers placed between the WAN and LAN. Consequently, the LAN's perspective is lost, leading to restricted network visibility.
- Vendor Neutrality: Using the same network monitoring tool as your SD-WAN vendor can result in a lack of vendor neutrality, which can limit your ability to monitor other network devices and services that are not part of your SD-WAN solution. This can lead to an incomplete view of your network performance, making it difficult to identify potential issues and proactively address them.
- Comprehensive Visibility: A dedicated network monitoring tool designed for SD-WAN environments can provide comprehensive visibility into network traffic, security, and performance across virtual, physical, and cloud environments, as well as across multiple carriers and service providers.
- Customization: Dedicated network monitoring tools often offer greater customization options than general-purpose network monitoring tools like vRealize Network Insight, allowing you to tailor the monitoring tool to your specific SD-WAN environment and business needs.
- Proactive Monitoring: A dedicated network monitoring tool can provide proactive monitoring and alerting for potential network issues, allowing you to identify and resolve issues before they become major problems.
- Integration: A dedicated network monitoring tool can often integrate with other SD-WAN management tools, providing a comprehensive solution for managing your SD-WAN environment.
- Scalability: A dedicated network monitoring tool can scale to meet the needs of large and complex SD-WAN environments, providing the ability to monitor thousands of devices and millions of flows.
In summary, while VMware Aria Operations for Networks is a powerful network monitoring tool for VMware environments, using a dedicated network monitoring tool specifically designed for SD-WAN environments can provide greater customization, comprehensive visibility, proactive monitoring, integration, and scalability for your Velocloud Network Monitoring needs.
Unleashing the Power of Obkio for Velocloud SD-WAN Monitoring: The Missing Piece to Your Network Performance Puzzle
Obkio is like the missing puzzle piece that completes your network performance monitoring needs for your Velocloud SD-WAN. With Obkio, you get a user-friendly solution that's easy to set up and use.
It provides end-to-end visibility into network performance, ensuring that you have all the pieces you need to get a complete picture of your network.
Obkio includes automated network tests and alerts that help IT professionals identify and resolve issues quickly and efficiently. This way, you can make sure that your network performance is running smoothly, and you don't have to worry about missing any pieces.
One unique feature of Obkio is its vendor neutrality, which means that you can use it to monitor any network devices and services (using SNMP monitoring), not just those that are part of the Velocloud SD-WAN solution. This provides greater flexibility and allows you to put together a complete view of your network.
Obkio's pricing plans are also affordable and flexible. The great online accessible documentation makes it easy for IT professionals to get up and running with the tool quickly, and to find answers to any questions they may have along the way.
Obkio is definitely worth considering. It's easy to use, offers comprehensive network monitoring, automated issue resolution, and flexible pricing options.
Looking to solve your network issues? Unlock valuable insights into your network's performance by trying Obkio's SD-WAN monitoring solution today. Don't let any missing pieces hold you back - start your free trial now and see the full picture of your network's performance.
- 14-day free trial of all premium features
- Deploy in just 10 minutes
- Monitor performance in all key network locations
- Measure real-time network metrics
- Identify and troubleshoot live network problems
Network Monitoring Tools are comprehensive solutions for monitoring network performance, security, and compliance. These tools work by collecting and analyzing data from network devices and services to provide real-time visibility and insights into network performance.
Here's how Network Monitoring works:
- Real-time Monitoring: Network Monitoring provides real-time monitoring of network traffic, bandwidth usage, and application performance. This allows you to quickly identify issues and troubleshoot them before they become major problems.
- Intuitive Dashboard: Network Monitoring tools provides an intuitive dashboard that displays real-time network performance metrics, alerts, and insights. The dashboard allows IT professionals to easily monitor network performance and quickly identify and resolve issues.
- Network Optimization: It allows IT professionals to optimize network resources and proactively address issues. This can lead to improved efficiency and productivity by enabling businesses to make informed decisions about network usage and capacity.
In summary, Network Performance Monitoring tools work by providing real-time monitoring, an intuitive dashboard, compliance and security monitoring, network testing, and network optimization. By using these features, businesses can ensure optimal network performance, enhance security, improve efficiency and productivity, meet regulatory requirements, and reduce costs.
There are several situations in which using a network monitoring software can be beneficial for businesses, including during migration to a new network environment. Here are some scenarios where network monitoring software can be useful:
- Network Migration: When migrating to a new network environment, it is essential to have a network monitoring software in place to ensure a smooth transition. Network monitoring software can provide real-time visibility into network performance, allowing you to quickly identify and troubleshoot issues as they arise during the migration process.
Learn how to monitor SD-WAN migrations with Network Monitoring for complete visibility over your SD-WAN service, before, after & during migrations.Learn more
- Network Optimization: Network monitoring software can be used to optimize network performance by providing insights into network traffic, bandwidth usage, and application performance. This allows businesses to make informed decisions about network usage and capacity, improving efficiency and productivity.
Learn how to monitor SD-WAN networks with Network Monitoring to get complete visibility over your SD-WAN service and identify SD-WAN issues.Learn more
Security: Network monitoring software can provide comprehensive visibility into network security, allowing businesses to identify and respond to security threats in real-time. This is particularly important for businesses that handle sensitive data, as it can help prevent data breaches and protect against cyberattacks.
Compliance: Network monitoring software can help businesses meet regulatory compliance requirements by monitoring network activity and keeping detailed logs. This can be useful for businesses in regulated industries such as healthcare and finance.
Troubleshooting: Network monitoring software can be used to troubleshoot network issues, providing alerts and insights into potential issues before they become major problems. This proactive approach to network management can help businesses minimize downtime and ensure optimal network performance.
By using network monitoring software, businesses can ensure optimal network performance, enhance security, improve efficiency and productivity, meet regulatory requirements, and reduce costs.
Follow our complete guide about SD-WAN Troubleshooting!
Learn how to troubleshoot SD-WAN issues using Obkio Network Monitoring software and key SD-WAN troubleshooting steps.Learn more
Here is a quick summary:
SD-WAN networks are designed to provide better network performance and reliability, but issues can still occur. In this section, we will cover the steps to troubleshoot SD-WAN network issues. Before we dive into the steps, it's important to understand where SD-WAN issues can happen and what problems may occur.
SD-WAN issues can happen in the underlay, overlay, or LAN. Some common SD-WAN issues include defective cables or connectors, bandwidth congestion, device misconfigurations, device software issues, high CPU usage, physical or hardware issues, human errors, and DNS issues.
To monitor SD-WAN performance, it's important to have end-to-end visibility of the ISP network and the internet, which SD-WAN networks depend on to ensure good performance.
To achieve this, you need to monitor your network to identify performance issues. Obkio Network Performance Monitoring software can be a valuable tool for monitoring your SD-WAN network's end-to-end performance.
The SD-WAN troubleshooting steps include:
- Pinpointing SD-WAN issues
- Identifying the problem and when it happened
- Comparing the information
- And finding a root cause.
To begin, use Obkio's automatic alerts and Chord Diagram to identify SD-WAN issues. Analyze the Dashboard to come to the right conclusion about what the exact problem is, when it started, and what the pattern is.
Next, compare the information you received with Obkio's Visual Traceroute tool to find a root cause. Once you've identified the problem and who is responsible for solving it, implement a solution.
Obkio Vision Quality Matrix
Obkio Vision Network Map
If the problem is on your ISP's side, contact them to get technical support. If the problem is on your end, consider looking into what traffic is being used, managing priorities in your firewall, upgrading your internet connection bandwidth, or upgrading your device to a bigger one.
Obkio Vision Traceroutes
By following these steps and using the right tools, you can proactively solve SD-WAN issues before they affect user experience.
In conclusion, SD-WAN networks are becoming more popular due to their ability to offer better performance, flexibility, and cost savings. However, managing and troubleshooting an SD-WAN network can be challenging without proper monitoring tools.
Obkio Network Performance Monitoring software is an essential tool that provides end-to-end performance visibility for SD-WAN networks. With its powerful features and intuitive interface, it helps network professionals identify and troubleshoot issues quickly, improving overall network performance.
As we have discussed in this article, there are common issues that can occur in SD-WAN networks, including defective cables or connectors, bandwidth congestion, device misconfigurations, device software issues, high CPU usage, physical/hardware issues, human errors, DNS issues, and more.
Obkio's Network Monitoring Agents, combined with its visual tools, make it easy to identify and troubleshoot these issues. With a free trial of Obkio's Network Performance Monitoring software, you can start monitoring and troubleshooting your SD-WAN network today.
So, if you're ready to take control of your SD-WAN network performance, get started with Obkio's free trial today and experience the power of network monitoring.
Thanks for reading, here are a few SD-WAN jokes for your time:
- Why did the SD-WAN cross the road? To get to the cloud!
- What do you call an SD-WAN that's having a bad day? A WAN-gry WAN!
- Why did the SD-WAN go to the doctor? It was feeling a bit congested!
- What's SD-WAN's favorite game? Ping Pong!
- Why did the SD-WAN break up with its girlfriend? She wasn't compatible with its network protocols!
These might interest you
How to Monitor MPLS Networks
Learn how businesses can monitor MPLS networks to identify performance issues, measure their MPLS service, and test QoS by Class of Service.
3 Most Common SD-WAN Issues
Many people rely on SD-WAN networks, but they’re still prone to network issues. Learn about the 3 most common SD-WAN issues and how to solve them.